Jun. 17, 2020
We are so excited to announce applications for our 3rd cohort of the TL Effect are now open!
The TL Effect is an in-house mentorship program geared towards women-of-color entrepreneurs looking to take their consumer-focused early-stage start-up* to the next level. We want to cast a wide net and welcome applicants from all 50 states.
ThirdLove created this 3-month program as a launching pad for building brand awareness and elevating start-ups through grant access, office space, and invaluable mentorship and fundraising advice from our own DTC thought-leaders. Following success with Arah Sims of Kyütee Beauty and Tiffany Griffin of Bright Black Candles, our first two cohort winners, we can’t wait to see who will be next!
The multi-pronged strategy to help her build and scale a successful business includes:
- Greater brand awareness by amplifying her product/service on our ThirdLove social and blog platforms. We will share any content we create with the founder to leverage it on her channels.
- Dedicated space for meetings, work, and photoshoots in ThirdLove’s San Francisco and Los Angeles offices.
- Direct access to ThirdLove’s founders to receive help navigating fundraising and other big topics, thus creating a more equitable opportunity to scale the next billion-dollar idea.
- Mentoring program where our talented ThirdLove team donates their time and knowledge to help advise in various aspects of their business ranging from product development, production, supply chain, marketing, creative, brand, and finance.
- $20,000 cash grant to help support the company’s growth.
The TL Effect has the goal of supporting businesses run by women-identifying individuals. We follow the Small Business Administration criteria and define “women-owned” as 51% owned, controlled, operated, and managed by a woman or by women. Businesses must meet these criteria to be eligible to apply. The TL Effect definition of “women” is inclusive, welcoming trans women, genderqueer women, and non-binary people who are significantly female-identified to apply.
Applications for the third cohort closed on September 24, 2021.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to ThirdLove at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Applicants of the TL Effect must be women of color with an early-stage, consumer-focused start-up with an existing product or service, without any VC funds, based in the United States.